Exploring Healthcare Professions – June & July 2020
Friday, June 19 2020 @ 12:00PM - Friday, July 10 2020 @ 1:00PM EDT| $40.00
Are you fascinated with the human body? Do you have a strong desire to help others? Are you wondering if the healthcare field is right for you?
We often think of doctors and nurses, but there are a multitude of options in the healthcare field, including Pharmacists, Chiropractors, Physical Therapists, Dentists… just to name a few.
Join Pharmacist and Anatomy and Physiology teacher, Amanda Hunter, as we explore the healthcare field together!
• Explore various healthcare disciplines.
• Healthcare providers can be difficult to access! In this workshop, you will be able to participate in interactions with different types of healthcare professionals (both in live discussions and by submitting questions beforehand).
• Role play some of the ethical/legal parts of healthcare as we discuss patient confidentiality and more!
• Learn the pros and cons of different healthcare pathways and what personality types may be a good fit for a certain discipline.
• Discover what courses are beneficial to take in high school.
12:00 pm – 1 pm ET
NOTE: Registration deadline is May 25, 2020.
There must be a minimum of 5 students to run this class.