Ten Days to Research Writing – Grades 6 – 10 – Spring 2020 – 10 Weeks
Wednesday, April 22 2020 @ 11:00AM - Wednesday, June 24 2020 @ 12:30PM EDT| $250.00
Throughout your child’s education, your child will be asked to write research papers. This CAN be done without tears and tantrums! All you need is a step-by-step method.
In this class, we will begin with simple, one paragraph research papers and progress until we write a five-paragraph, multi-source research paper using the IEW method of writing.
Students will learn about:
• how to brainstorm potential research topics and subtopics
• how to locate and cite credible research sources
• how to write a spell-binding dramatic opening
• how to write a thesis
• how to write a final clincher
• how to write topic and clincher sentences for body paragraphs
• how to write a transitional bridge
• how to use stylistic techniques within their research paper
• how to avoid banned words
• how to write a bibliography/works cited using MLA format
…and so much more.
NOTE: Registration deadline is April 6, 2020.
There must be a minimum of 5 students to run this class.